Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Holy funk.

This nasty depressing weather has GOT to go.  I need green grass and warm temps.  I need the sun to rise earlier in the morning so when I get up to get Tay going for school I can stay up and work out, read, chill, etc.  Anything that is just mine until the other two hellions rise for the day, lol.  For now as soon as she's on the bus, I'm back in bed. ::sigh::  I enjoy my sleep, it's the quietest time of the day.  No one asking for juice or yelling that someone touched/poked/looked at them. 

I worked out yesterday but I so didn't want to.   I'm in a vacation funk.  Everyone seems to be hopping on planes and heading to warmer locations for downtime.  I want some of that:(  We're taking the kids to Florida in late March but let's face it: that is NOT a vacation.  Driving our ancient motorhome 1500 miles only to wear ourselves out visiting Disney World, Sea World, Univeral Studios, etc. before we drive back home.  Fun? Sure.  Relaxing?  Oh hell no.  My mother-in-law and both of DH's sisters flew to Cozumel yesterday.  Granted these trips were part of gifts to us in place of physical gifts to open on the last 2 Christmases and birthdays.  DH's brother and his wife went to the Dominican Republic last week.  Now his mom and sisters are on their trip.  It was my understanding that we could do whatever we wanted for our trips and DH and his mom decided we'd do Florida.  Um...thanks?  I love my kids, but my word I need a break from them.  We take them camping during the summer.  We don't get out a whole lot on our own either.

In the last 5 years, DH and I haven't had a vacation that was just us with no household/parental/work responsibilities.  No picking up hauling/snow plowing equipment for our business.  No driving all day to stop at 10pm only to get up at 6am and start again.  I want a few days of just relaxing.  Sure, we can still have some activities in there, but on our own.  No wondering if the kids can do it too.  Meals where it's just us and no kids (at our table.  I'm cool with kids on vacation, just as long as I don't have to watch/discipline/clean them up;).  Just a few days.  A little recharging.  I need that.   

Anyway...about that working out.  I did my workout, but I didn't like it.  I was bummed everyone is going to warmer climates and I wanted to sulk.  I figured that a workout might do me some good.  Eh.  At least I did it.  I didn't today.  Today I got my hair trimmed and that made the day a little better.  Perhaps tomorrow will have a different attitude where I won't scowl at my stationary bike!

No comments: