Saturday, February 6, 2010

Changes.

Do you know the best time to get an idea and run with it?  Well, it most definitely is not at 2am, lol.  At first I wanted to paint our room.  Then I imagined the decor that I'd put on the walls.  How I would rearrange the furniture.  What would stay, what would go.  How this would help with Lexi's room.  Yeah, I didn't get a lot of sleep!

Basically what we are doing is updating our room to a grown-up room.  No more white walls and necklaces dangling from a shelf.  No more cluttered dresser top.  I ordered a jewelry armoire to hide all the boxes and random hanging jewelry in our room.  I also moved the glider from Lexi's room to our room.  She needs the space and I want the comfy place to read, surf the web, etc.  Sometime soon we will paint our room a color called "sufficient" and to me it is.  It's a warm color that will make our bedroom seem cozy.  Sleep inducing.  Maybe-dare I say it-relaxing?

Lexi's room will be painted a shade of lavender.  We'll move her dresser and give her a little more room for larger toys that seem to overwhelm her room at the moment.  We'll also take the oppurtunity to finally change her crib into a toddler bed.  *sob* Oh well, change is good!

No comments: