Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hells yeah....

It's been a good day.

I met with Michelle, my half-sister, for lunch today. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous. So very nervous. Then I get there and....I swear, it's like those 20 years had never happened. Totally natural. We talked about our kids, the Sperm Donor (she calls him that too!!!), and why she contacted me after so many years. She just felt something was missing and after seeing me so many times (by her job in the local mall, and at our state fair 90 miles away with thousands of people a day, and nevermind it was my first time ever there!) . Well, that state fair thing sealed the deal, she felt it was an omen. She had to contact me and her sister supported that idea. She looked me up on FB, and there I was.... After our lunch today I wound up going to the mall with my mom and sisters so we swung over to where Michelle worked and said "hi"! Despite the situation, they all talked like we have known each other for years. Michelle (well, me too I guess as we all have the same sperm donor!) has another sister, and 2 brothers. Funny thing is, we're so similar it's scary and I guess we look a lot alike too. Her ( I guess "our") sister, Rachel, wanted to join us for lunch, but Michelle felt it might be too much at one time for me, so we'll all get together some other time soon:) My questions were answered (and I still have my kidneys!), my nerves are settled, and I feel so much better about it! I didn't know what to expect and was comforted to see her excitement and eagerness to meet my kids and to talk about our past. Here's to hoping it stays that way...some reunions don't end well, but I'm hoping the best for this one!:)

No comments: