Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I suck.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Before I got pregnant with our last baby (whoo hoo! and *sob*), I busted my ass to lose the last ten pounds from Cole. With the help of Sparkpeople, a couple of blogs (<-----Sarah's is one of my favorites), and sheer determination (no alchohol? Whaaaat?!), I finally did it and then some. The scale and I finally liked each other, yay!! Lo and behold, dear loving DH takes that glorious moment and says "Now that you've perfected that, let's wreck it again." :::sigh::: With Taylor and Cole I sat on my ever-widening butt and got big. Gained 40+ pounds. Sooooo......

I took my newfound knowledge of fitness, eating right, portion sizes and marched into my first trimester. Fortunately, I had no morning sickness (I know, I know, I'm one of those) so eating smaller portions and healthier stuff worked with me. Onto the second trimester. I exercised 5 days a week with permission from my doctor and kept it up until two weeks before I delivered. Unfortunately, my thighs, butt, arms, neck, etc. didn't get that memo. I *still* gained 40+. WTH? At least I was in good shape so I got clearance to start working out (lightly) at 2 weeks postpartum. At 6 weeks I could go full steam ahead, yay me! It's been almost 8 months since Lexi joined us and 2 weeks ago, I hit the magic number: pre-pg me!!!! Since then? I haven't worked out a lick (well, except that ice cream the other night....).

Talk about discouraging. I LOVE working out. Seriously. I feel good afterwards and things fit me better. I think it's the end of summer (bummer), the start of school, and this chilly air surrounding us. I've stayed active for the most part, but it's not the same and I'm 2 pounds up.

HELLO BODY!! WRONG DIRECTION!!! My scale has been scowling and my WiiFit board is going to yell at me for taking so long to visit (*ahem* again, it's been 2 weeks...and some days).

If anyone has seen my ambition, please let it know that I'm looking for it. Oh, and it's in big trouble for staying out so late!


***I decided that the former design was kind of harsh for the reading eyes with it's black background so I'm experimenting. I know, I could have just changed the color, but that look really didn't float my boat. We'll see how this works....***

1 comment:

BabyonBored said...

I suck too. I've literally put on ten pounds since I originally lost most of the baby weight. And I can't make myself work out. WTF?