Monday, September 8, 2008

Shopping with men.

What the hell was I thinking?

Cole needed his stitches out today. Everytime we run any kind of errands it takes me 4 hours to prepare, physically (do I have everything? Where'd Cole's pants go now?) and mentally (Ok, my kids will not be the only crazy ones there...). I like to bring reinforcements, aka DH or Taylor. Well, Tay had school and DH was just laying around watching Stargate SG-1 on dvd (can of worms I opened with Father's Day). His hauling got called off so I guilted him into coming with us. Yeah, I asked for it.

Hospital went well and we didn't even wait long. For some reason our local ER (where we were instructed to take him) takes forever and I have no idea why. We could be the only people in there and we'll wait for an hour. We'll get to an exam room and see doctors and nurses galore, but no other patients. Anyway, stitches are out and all is good. The pain came in our next stop: the mall.

I wanted new pj bottoms bearing the logo of my boys (MN Vikings). Mine were well worn and we can't look shabby for Monday night football can we?;) Also saw a super cute "Baby's 1st Halloween" outfit for Lexi at a department store. The best part? They had her size!! They actually don't follow the belief that every baby celebrating their first Halloween is only 0-3 months (ahem, local big box chain stores?). So off to get that. I had a mission and fulfilled it in minutes. Lost the men for a bit so I wandered to the clearance and got Lexi a sweet little sweater for the chilly weather that suddenly descended upon us. All is good, and we go to pay. Now, this store has 5 billion registers (okay about 10) and only one was staffed. She, however, had been dealing with the same people for 15 minutes. So, off to find another. At the next one, that lady had NO clue that *paying* customers were waiting to be helped so she chatted with a woman that had question after question. :::sigh::: We finally found one with a employee and still had to wait for her to find something and she passed us off to another employee! We paid and got the hell out of there. Dealing with that was bad enough, but I have DH whining about it as well. Yes dear, I know their service sucks and that's why I shop elsewhere but they had Lexi's outfit, so get over it! Ugh. Next time he tells me we should stop in at Victoria's Secret and pick something out, I'm going stomp my feet in protest and demand a toy instead. Okay, not really as Vicki and are good buddies, but still.

No comments: