Tuesday, June 2, 2009

If yawning were a sport.

I would score a gold medal, no problem.

After dealing with irritating video monitors that constantly have LOUD "blips" of static, I had enough Friday morning and looked for a new one. Last week was so busy however, that I wanted to stay home for a day. DH said if I found one I liked (online) he'd stop in and get it on his way home. Now mind you, I wasn't replacing those damn video monitors. We received them as gifts when Cole and Lexi were born, I just wanted something that worked and that wasn't too expensive. That all brought me to the wonder that is shopping. Why on Earth are 95% of the products only available online? Little tidbit of info to you giant chain stores...you want my business? Let me have it NOW. Not 5-7 days from now. And certainly not $6+ more for shipping and handling. While I really liked one (but would have to order it), I found one that would work and we could buy it right away, yippy! It had one review, but it was good. Yeah, I gave the opposite opinion earlier today. It worked great for 2 nights. 3am this morning? Same damn "blipping" noises! Ugh. We have checked this house all over, tested unplugging things while the monitor is on, moved the monitor, etc. We're rural and our nearest neighbor is down the road so I don't think we're crossing any wires with them. Just frustrating. Why work great for 2 nights and then stop? I wanted a plain monitor to check on Lexi until she's in a toddler bed..almost a year or less from now. So, I ordered the one I really wanted but at the cost of $6 shipping and handling and an arrival window of sometime NEXT week.

::::sigh::::

I just need sleep. We're thinking that is why I'm so tired all the time. While I eventually fall asleep, I think the "blips" from the monitor keep me from the deep sleep I need. For now we'll use the intercom (also ruled out as the cause) to hear her at night. What a pain.

In other news...literally...Cole, Lexi and I will make our local paper debut sometime this week. Sadly, on Saturday a teenager was killed crossing the road we live on while riding the bike trail. Having seen cars driving way too fast and bike riders repeatedlyblow their own stop sign, I dreaded that day. I contacted the local news station and the local paper asking them to please bring attention to this story as a reminder to all that safety measures count EVERYWHERE. This morning the local paper showed up to interview me as they planned to run a follow-up story on the trail and this accident. A photographer showed up later to take pics of me, Cole and Lexi walking with our wagon on the trail. Tay will be bummed, but she was in school at the time. I'm just glad attention is being brought to this problem. It's so great to use this trail, it's paved, long, and goes through/near little towns. We like to sit outside and watch families bike by and little old couples make their way for a little walk. Thankfully we didn't witness the accident, but somehow we missed the commotion as Lexi was napping at the time.

No comments: