Friday, March 6, 2009

Why I'm doing this.

Today I worked out with 'Maya', my trainer on My Fitness Coach for the Wii. Today was workout #9. It was cardio.

Good God.

15 minutes in, huffing and puffing, just waiting (okay, begging!) for that wonderful, wonderful scrolling bar to bring on the "Rest" section. Not sure why, but some workouts give you a 15 second rest period after each set. Cardio and Flexibility aren't those workouts. Upper Body, sure. Lower Body, you bet. Core? But of course! I haven't done the yoga yet, so I'll have to get back to you on that. Cardio and Flexibility can whoop your tail and then say, "Oh, are you going to collapse? Okay, you can stop for 5 seconds.....1..2..5 and back to it!"

About that cardio....in those 15 minutes I had to plenty of time to think as breathing hard was taking on a life of it's own. With each huff came a word.....Why *huff* am *puff* I *huff* doing *puff* this *huff* to *puff* myself?

Because every June I kick it into gear to get swimsuit/shorts ready. Every June I wonder why I didn't start working out in March so that I'm ready for swimsuits/shorts before it's actually time for them. Why do I wait until the last "minute"? By the time I really feel fit it's late August and that swimsuit is going back in the drawer for the off-season. So I buffed myself to be covered in long sleeves and jeans. Yep. That makes sense.

This year I'm doing it the right way. As tired as I am, as lazy as I feel, I *will* workout and I will enjoy it, knowing that come June, I'll be glad I did.

No comments: