Saturday, March 7, 2009

My heart hurts:(

Today, we took the changing table out of Lexi's room and replaced it with a bookshelf. That means I had to go through baby stuff on the table and in the closet and pack it away to *gulp* get rid of it. No more burp cloths. No more Bumbo. No more bottles. No more bassinet. While some of this is reason to celebrate, it's bittersweet as she is our last baby.

I had so much fun with her as a baby (and well, now, too). When Taylor was born I was 18 and couldn't afford to buy her a lot of stuff. She also grew up to be a tomboy, lol. She'll throw on some lipgloss but she wouldn't dare be caught in pink. After Lexi was born and we knew for sure that she was a girl, I wound up buying yet another diaper bag just because it was fashionably pink and so sweet looking. Taylor had a neutral one. Cole had a neutral one. Even Lexi's was neutral until I saw that pink one.

We are definitely done with having more kids and I knew that when Lexi was born. Therefore, I sucked up every single moment with her knowing that they grow way too fast. 3am feedings weren't a burden. They were quiet moments with her..... smelling her baby smell and feeling her warm little body snuggle closer. Tay and Cole were tough babies. Cleft palate. Gas. Acid reflux. Lexi was/is such a treat. Laid back. Chill. I can honestly say I'm glad to end on a baby like her, I feel like it's the reward for the tough times the first two gave us!

On Monday DH will pack up the baby stuff and bring it in to one of the baby shops to sell it. I can't do it. I just can't. It would be like leaving memories at the store and I'd bawl. The first time we put her in the Bumbo and she bobbled back and forth with a smile on her face. Picking out that bassinet (the one we used for Taylor and Cole went to my sister) and putting the pink ribbons on, just hoping and praying that the ultrasound wasn't wrong.

I'm happy that each day one of my babies does something new. It's getting through that tough stuff parting with so many things that accompanied them in joining our family.

No comments: