Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just a couple of things...

1. I suck at blogging. I'm just gonna put that out there since it's the big ol' elephant in the room. I have all these thoughts, pearls of wisdom, etc. and I am just too lazy to blog it. I'm too busy dinking around on Facebook trying to find items on Scavenger Hunt.

2. Raising a boy is HARD. Taylor as a youngster, pretty easy. Lexi, the most easy going baby ever. Cole? The boy will drive me to drink. Picks on his sisters. Picks up EVERY smart a** comment DH makes. Today during lunch, he told me that his "people" said I should "shush". Um, WHAT? Now, when DH says it, it's when I tell him he's misinformed, being a dork, etc. His response (joking around) is always, "My people told me otherwise" or something goofy like that. I follow up with " I am your people."

3. Working out. Ugh. Lately I LOVE sleep. Once I am working out, I'm having a good time, feeling the burn, all pain with hopefully no gain (ha, ha, get it?), yada, yada, yada. While the scale has gone up just a bit (a pound or two), I really need to work out. I just do. My back has been killing me lately and I think it's because my core went to mush. I'm not exactly sitting on my arse all day, but my body really needs a whooping. My hair needs some help. My skin looks horribly old. Can't wait for spring...I need fresh air where I don't need to dress up like an eskimo to enjoy it.

4. I got a new phone and I LOVE it. I research the heck out of everything. I got my parents a new toaster for Christmas as they needed one. When I told them I researched the reviews and could report it makes excellent toast, I think they wondered where they had gone wrong in raising me, lol. Anyway, I have wanted a blackberry for f.o.r.e.v.e.r. All my friends seem to have one. Both of my brothers have one. I felt left out. However, the SmartChoice plan required to own a blackberry was NOT favorable to us with 3 lines, a buttload of texting, and a preteen with friends who call to report how they got home from school that day. So, I got the Motorola Hint. Ugly as sin, but fun. We could keep our family plan and we just tacked on the $6 or so for the internet access for my line. Taylor got my "old" phone, the Samsung Muse. Great phone, I needed a qwerty keyboard though. I'm a texter. Hate talking on the phone. Anyway, she has a camera phone now, I have my fun phone with the good plan, and I'm looking forward to when Facebook mobile will bail my silly self out of a boring situation!

No comments: